Painting is one of the quickest and easiest ways to update a space. You would be amazed at the new perspective a different paint color can bring! Plan a painting project now and you should be ready to go by the time the weather cools off. Consider the following areas to make a big impact with a new color:
- Paint an accent wall to introduce a pop of color without going all out. Choose a wall that is seen the moment you enter the space for the most impact. Or consider using a wall stencil with your favorite design and paint colors for an accent wall.
- Use paint to instantly give your kitchen or bathroom cabinets a facelift. This is fairly easy and economical alternative to a pricey cabinet replacement.
- Give new life to old furniture. You will be surprised at how much a new color can change the style of a piece of furniture.
- Look up! Your ceiling is considered the “fifth wall” and deserves attention. Painting your ceiling the same color, but a few shades darker or lighter than your walls is a wonderful tool for making your room feel unified without being all just the same.
- Updating your front door with paint color can be a great way to boost your curb appeal.
- Paint the stair risers on your stairway for an unexpected but impactful dose of color.
- A new coat of paint on your home’s exterior will not just look great, it can protect your home from weather damage and wood-eating pests.
For the most beautiful results, use the right tools for YOUR NEXT PAINTING PROJECT:
- Using an airless paint sprayer is a must for large jobs. It will help you to achieve a uniform, professional looking application and seriously cut down on the amount of time it takes to complete the job!
- Ladders, scaffolding, and/or lift equipment can help you to stay level with the area you are painting which will give the best results.
- A pressure washer can be used to give exterior surfaces a good cleaning before painting.
Pro Tip: Color swatches you view in the light of your favorite paint store will look different in the lighting of your home. Buy the manufacturer’s test size in your top choices and brush some on the wall. Look at your paint sample in the morning, noon and night to see how the color changes throughout the day.
What do you think? It is time to freshen up your home with some paint and the right tools from Northside Tool Rental!